Hiya Mandy Rose

I am down in Essex..but it doesn't show (for our American friends here, there are things called Essex man and Essex woman - think Jersey Girl and you'll get the picture lol).

Everyone's really good but all moved so quick...probably a lot cant be answered until post op and all the results writ up.

Re staging, with other cancers stage 4 are scary but in head and neck the combined primary and node appear to put most of us in that box as generally head and neck doesn't get spotted until a node pops up. When my lump in neck exhibited and was first checked in ENT the only tell tail from the tonsil was it was a slightly lighter shade pinky red than the healthy one.

Only started to grow around four weeks before surgery which was a good 13-16 weeks after neck lump started to show, then go away then came back to stay.

Rather hoping I can manage without the PEG..from what I hear it is a bit pot luck, some can manage without and some use it a little towards the end.

John

Life long none smoker, social drinker. Age 46
25 July positive node. Primary in left tonsil.
Neck Disection 27 Aug 20+ nodes removed, bilateral tonsillectomy.
Tonsil primary, other mouth, throat, tongue biopsies showed clear. Node breached but no evidence of spread in surrounding tissues or any other nodes.
T2N2aM0
Wisdom Teeth (all 4) removed mid Sep and Peg fitted first week Oct.
Started six weeks, 30 rads, six chemos total, chemo on Mondays and rads Mon to Fri on Oct 14th.