Christine,

The Scandi-Shake that we use doesn't appear on the Amazon.com website. That's not to say they are not the same. My husband likes the strawberry flavored instant shake mix that has 600 calories when mixed with 8 oz. of whole milk. I decrease the mix by 2 oz and a big scoop of vanilla ice cream extra rich and they told me at the hospital that bumps it to 800 calories. He really likes these because they taste like a real shake. He uses Ensure plus when we travel but they have a mediciney taste for him. I also get their Scandi-Cal which is a tasteless powder and add 3 tbsp to each shake. (1 tbsp. = 35 calories) I can bump his shakes another 100 calories and he doesn't have to drink as many. They really fill him up. I understand that Amazon donates to OCF but they seem a little high. I buy directly and get 72 packs for $150 and no shipping. I'm not sure what the scandi cal costs but I just ordered some and when I recieve it will post that price as well.

I often buy the vanilla as back up for when Reg gets tired of the strawberry. With the vanilla I can add all sorts of fruit to give him different flavors and textures. I think it's a great way to get calories and it's what the Dr.'s at the hospital recommended.

IT also says on the pkg. Calorie Rich Weight Gain. The pkg. is white with red lettering

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Bette; 11-24-2012 07:28 PM.

Bette/CG to husband Reggie 66

dx 1: SCC Soft Palate (12/06)
tx: chemo and rad

dx 2: SCC 6 cm tum rt. vocal chord (12/09)
tx: total laryngectomy with stoma, 2 nodes

dx 3: SCC 4 cm tum BOT (10/16/12)
Tx: partial gloss w/ mod deck dis 4 nodes incl. part. pharyngectomy