I am 4.5 years out now. Learning which foods I can no longer eat was easy....like POPCORN, for example. Learning the new mechanics of how to eat the foods I can has taken some time, but now I'm almost a "pro" at it. I'm into trying things again that I could not eat a year ago and thinking up simple new recipes that are quick and nourishing since I am on the go a lot. I just wanted to share a delicious little recipe for a hot breakfast that I concocted this week. If you like oatmeal, bananas and raisins then you should LOVE this! Bananas are not a problem but I cannot eat raisins by themselves for risk of getting them hung up in my throat. However, I was determined to find a way to eat them and still enjoy them! I open one packet of instant brown sugar and maple oatmeal into a bowl then add water just to the top of the oatmeal. That much water is usually sufficient so the oatmeal won't be too thick, but you can add a little more after it is cooked if you like the oatmeal thinner. (You can use plain oatmeal or any other flavor you like) Microwave on high for 40 secs. Slice up a whole banana and add to the cooked oatmeal then sprinkle with a handful of yogurt raisins or plain raisins, whichever you prefer. DELICIOUS, and very filling! Good for you too! Enjoy! Happy New Year to everyone!

Last edited by x28007; 12-31-2011 09:57 AM.

Nine years out. New normal with limitations, but surviving and living life to the fullest.