Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Leslie B #120456 08-16-2010 03:38 PM
Platinum Member (300+ posts)

Emily,

I sat here and read you every day with tears streaming down my cheeks. You're a wonderful daughter you did everything in your power to help your Mom. She appreciated everything you did for her. Take care of yourself and your baby your Mom will be with you in spirit.

My husband passed away 11 years ago he had throat cancer. Ironic this has happened to me too, but tongue cancer. Your Mom will make her presence in a strange way. The first year I felt him many times and had one dream about him. The last few days of his life he was at Hospice House they had a butterfly garden outside his window. After everything was said and done I was driving down a major highway a butterfly was trying to get into my driver side window, I freaked out and pulled over the side of the road hysterical. I thought of the butterflies outside of his window I would comment to him about them. Every once in a while a butterfly flies around my living room window and I think of my Bob.

Your husband might be right your thinking too much about receiving a message from her. You will give it time. I truly believe they are with us in spirit.

Take care of yourself and your family. God Bless

Connie

SCC. of the left lateral tongue, anterior two thirds, T1 possibly a T2.
Left partial glossectomy, left selective neck dissection 4/21/09. Nodes clean, No Rad, No Chemo.

CT Scan 9/11 clean, CT Scan 9/12 clean

Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, FL. A+.

My hometown Lockport, NY.

ConnieFL #120561 08-17-2010 09:00 PM
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Hi Emily- For some reason my message didn't post.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. She sounded like a wonderful woman. You had a special bond that will never be broken.
Keep a "Dear Frieda" Journal to work through this difficult time. It will help you feel close to her and also sort through your emotions.

She will be with you always. Stay strong and healthy for the new life you have forming. Her spirit will live on through this new child. You will see. My sister just had a baby a few months ago and I see my mom in her smile and her eyes. Its amazing! Be excited for that.
I know its a very sad time but one day soon you won't feel so sad.

Lots of Love to you. KATE

Tongue Cancer T2 N0 M0 /
Total Glossectomy Due to Location of Tumor

Finished all treatments May 25 2007
Surviving!!!
misskate #120585 08-18-2010 12:21 PM

Hi Emily,

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. I had the same very close relationship with my Mom so I can really feel your pain. For me the first year was the hardest. The first Thanksgiving, Christmas, Mother's Day, etc. without Mom. But it does get easier, it just takes time. That's part of the grieving process.

I believe your Mom will always watch over you. She is your guardian Angel now. A love that strong will never die. There are times when I can feel my Mom, I know she's with me. I bet that will happen in time with you too. I also got some grief counseling which helped me cope with her death. You might want to consider that option down the road.

Love and Hugs,

Shelley

Caregiver to husband Ron. Throat Cancer. Finished 35 radiation treatments on 11/21/04. 8/2/11 small lesion on lower gum, laser Procedure to remove. 3/6/12 Doc. removed another lesion on outside of his neck. Did a skin graft from his chest to replace the skin on his neck. Went to Heaven on 6/24/12.
Shelley K #120657 08-19-2010 01:47 PM
EmilyE Offline OP
Senior Member (100+ posts)
OP Offline

Hi everyone..cant believe its already been over a week. Feels like it still just happened. The hole in my heart is still just as big, I guess that will never heal. Im going to try to go back to work tomorrow. I know mom is pushing me along telling me to get back. She would never miss a day of work, even on her bad days. She loved to be at work..I remember during my teenage 'hellraising' years, she would tell me she couldnt wait to get back to work with her work family cause I was just driving her nuts.
So many things have been published since shes passed. so many people have shared poems theyve written about her. There was an article in the newspaper today about how our school is mourning our loss (We worked at the same school).

I think Ive gotten better each day, I didnt think Id be this strong. I thought I would completely die when she did. I love her so much..she must be pushing me along. I still feel very isolated and alone without her. Im left in a family FULL of men, aside from my mother in law. I feel like Ive been passed on the torch but I have no idea what to do with it. Like everyone will look at me to do the things she did, which Ill never compare to.

Anyways Im not sure why I still come back here. I guess I feel a connection with you all as I know you truly know what Im going through. Id like to share something that was the closing at her funeral

Resolution of Respect

for

Freida Jane Baker

No matter what your trials are,or how big your mountain seems;

The Lord is there to see youthrough; He'll go to all extremes.

So if your cross seems hard tobear, and you know not what to do;

The One who loves you most of allwill be there to see you through.

We, the members of East Wake Academy,want the family to know that our hearts are with you as we gather to bid aheartfelt good-bye to a valiant woman, the wife of Leonard Baker, mother of Emily Eatmon and Sam Humphrey, mother-in-law of Derek Eatmon, and sister of Toni Boykin.

WHEREAS,Freida Baker was a dedicated wife, mother, teacher, mentor and friend of East Wake Academy .

WHEREAS,Freida Baker was a very independent person who would perform any task, whethermenial or mighty, and instilled in her family and friends to follow herexample. She inspired others with her selfless compassion and vibrant love forlife.

WHEREAS, not only is this a loss of a devotedmother, but also a confident counselor and genuine friend. Freida was a personwho was always available to share an encouraging word and demonstrate unwaveringsupport to students, friends and loved ones.

WHEREAS, the passing of our beloved Freida is thewill of God and there is a human tie that has been broken which bleeds theheart in agony and pain. We are encouraged and consoled in the words of Jesuswho said, "I will never leave thee nor forsake them".

WHEREAS, we will always take delight and comfort inthe millions of memories and the brilliant smiles she always flashed ~ eventhrough adversity. Truly Freida was thewoman that the bible describes in Proverbs:

She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her householdand does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed;her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."

THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that we embrace thefamily because all of us have a common bond that will connect us for the restof your lives. We can never replace Freida, but we will attempt to be aconduit of her amazing love and joyfulspirit.

To the family, we know your loss is deep and your sorrow is great,but we want you to know that we share in your sorrow, but more importantly, werecognize that this loss is truly Heaven's Gain.

When it is all over, we would like you to remember:

In case there's a time when you just need some cheer,

In case there's a problem you would like us to hear,

In case there's a favor you would like us to do-

We're here if you need us to help see you through.

This is how I will remember her, before she got sick
[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...975535046_333501052_703233_2134242_n.jpg[/img]

my mom, age 59.

12/08 surgery & 33x rad
4/09 recurrence
5/09 surgery & 35x rad
12/09 recurrence
1/10 surgery. peg tube, trach, fibula free flap
6/10 recurrence. double chemo treatments.
8/10/10 finally at peace in heaven
EmilyE #120658 08-19-2010 01:54 PM
EmilyE Offline OP
OP Offline

Here is the article I found in the paper today (I had no idea about it until today)
http://www.easternwakenews.com/2010/08/18/8088/ewa-mourns-teachers-passing.html?story_link=email_msg

my mom, age 59.

12/08 surgery & 33x rad
4/09 recurrence
5/09 surgery & 35x rad
12/09 recurrence
1/10 surgery. peg tube, trach, fibula free flap
6/10 recurrence. double chemo treatments.
8/10/10 finally at peace in heaven
EmilyE #120668 08-19-2010 03:28 PM
Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)
Administrator, Director of Patient Support Services
Patient Advocate (old timer, 2000 posts)

What a beautiful tribute the school did for your mother. She was loved by so many. The picture is very nice, it shows a vibrant, happy woman, not a cancer patient. The little poem right before the picture is lovely. You are so lucky for this amazing person to have been your mother.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma
2 mo xtended hospital stay, ICU & burn unit
PICC line IV antibx 8 mo
10/4/10, 2/14/11 reconst surg
OC 3x in 3 years
very happy to be alive smile
ChristineB #120683 08-19-2010 06:48 PM

Emily,

First, you are always welcome here on this site. I hope you will continue to post. There are many of us who are looking forward to hearing about your baby. Next, I love the tribute and photo of your Mom. Third, I also checked out the FB page and enjoyed the photos there as well. Your Mom is beautiful! Thanks for sharing her with us.

Anita

Anita (68)
CG to husband, Clark, 79,
DX SCC 11/07, T4N0Mx, PEG 1/08, RAD, post rad infection 3/08,
HBOT 40 dives, ORN, Surg 11/09 mandibulectomy w/fibular graft.
Plastic Surg 4/10, 12/10, 3/11, 10/11, 4/12, 10/12. All PETS clear,
PEG out 1/11. 6/11 non union jaw fracture
Fractured jaw w/surgery 7/14
Aspiration pneumonia 7/21, 10/22
PEG 7/21
Botox injections
EmilyE #120757 08-20-2010 11:09 PM

I am sorry for your lost. May you find the strength, during this time....

God Bless,

Living in Memory of the BEST GUY in the world...T. Walter Ross-Stage 3 Tongue and Mouth Cancer..DX 6/07-Went to Heaven 8/07-Miss him, EVERYDAY!
EmilyE #120760 08-20-2010 11:19 PM

Emily,
Believe me when I say that she is with you and watching over you. Yes, you do feel their presence. It's been three years for me, since Daddy died. I have talked to Daddy in too many places to name. One day, recently, I was having a horrible day and needed to talk to Daddy....and in my mind, heart and belief, he was right outside, sitting next to me, as I poured my heart out about the events in my life.

I notice a light in the sky from an star this night. It was as bright as ever and seem to be shining right on me, as I cried and cried. Then, I felt a small wind and what seemed like a arm, reach around my shoulder. I KNOW, it was Daddy, tell me "It is going to be OK".

So, yes..to answer your question, I believe they always watch out for you and are your guardian angel, for the remainder of your life on Earth.

I hope this helps! Take care and God Bless,

Living in Memory of the BEST GUY in the world...T. Walter Ross-Stage 3 Tongue and Mouth Cancer..DX 6/07-Went to Heaven 8/07-Miss him, EVERYDAY!
EmilyE #120783 08-21-2010 01:13 PM

Hello Emily:

I strongly agree with the others that your Mom was a beautiful woman and I'm sure she's now a beautiful Guardian Angel for you. Her memories will always be with you, and at times, you will "feel" her presence. I lost my son, and there have been times when I actually "smelled" how he smelled when he had just taken a shower, and I don't even use the same kind of soap he did. Just wait, you'll know what I'm talking about, I promise.

Julieann

Julieann
Nov 2007 SCC on right tonsil following tonsillectomy. Was smoker, QUIT. (Stage IV T2 N2b) 7 weeks radiation one day/wk chemo (carboplatin and 5-FU). Allergic to Taxol; PEG in, lost 30 lbs. TX completed January 2008. PEG out mid- 2008. PET/CT 1/17/2011;2/3/12 NEGATIVE for cancer smile
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916, Megm37
13,103 Registered Users
Forum Statistics