Welcoem to OCF Arlene. You will soon get the hang of this forum. There are so many helpful, encouraging members who will help guide you thru this.

When you want to start a post its easy. Just go to the topic you and and then click NEW POST. Also under the tab of My Stuff, click on profile and write a few things for a signature. These 2 things will help us to help you.

Have you had a second opinion? How was your cancer determined? Biopsy? Did you have a CT or PET scan yet?

Dont worry about the abbreviations, you will unfortunately understand them all very very soon. There is so much info here you can read for hours and get quite an education. Just remember, everyone is different. They respond to treatment and medicines at different rates. Also recovery is at ones own pace. You can get a general idea what to expect but its up to you and your body how things go from there. Dont let someone else's story scare you. Prepare for the worst but hope for the best.

Take soemone with yoru to appointments to write things down. Ask questions, surgeons operate thats their job. Will you be having radiation and chemo? Who will help you and be your caregiver? Start lining up friends relative and anyone who offers to help. Keep a list, even if they pick up your meds or do a load of laundry it will help.

Best of luck, I know you are scared and its ok, we will help smile

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy