Sone,
it was NEVER my intent to be heartless but my MO told me that the survival rate is dismal for people who don't complete treatment (and I never said for you to "deal with it"). If you want us to tell you that you're going to be ok we would have to lie to you and that's not what we do here. I told you this out of love - not to crush you, but to offer support and resources to advocate for yourself, find solutions for your current pain issues and get you back into treatment and survival.

Do you have any idea how crushed we are when we lose another forum member? I have seen too many deaths over the years - and many of these were people who hit it with all they had. A little piece of me dies every time that happens. Not long ago we had 6 deaths in one week. I have to take regular breaks to protect my sanity.

It is a fact that all of the persons who were unable to complete treatment ended up in hospice and died. I can't change that and it's against my personal ethics to "blue sky" anyone. This is a ruthless, relentless and unforgiving disease. Very few people get second chances so you have to hit it hard. Some people who come here need a kick in the ass to get them back into treatment - if you want to call me "heartless" for trying to save your life I'll accept that.

PLEASE get back into treatment!

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)