I was up most of the night - about 5 AM when I finally got some sleep until about 9. I did OK this morning and got one can of food in, and one dose of the antibiotics. Then about 2 pm I started to throw up again and have lost everything that I put in for today.

I called the 24/7 nurse and she says there is a bug going around that has a lot of vomitting with it, maybe I got that? I'm really not buying it. So she says to try to do a feedig but only about 1/2 and the flush with water, wait a bit, do some more and try the meds etc etc. Exactly what I have been doing for the past two days. Call the doctor's office in the morning so I can go back in. I did not get anything new from this except to try to convince myself that I have the flu so I will feel better. I guess it will be another long night.

I'm going to prop up on the sofa now that I have put a little bit in and will be back in an hour or so to try some more and the meds. I still say that my stomach can't tolerate the amoxicillin and tomorrow we will get something different. I don't want the infection to get the upper hand, but I wonder what the difference is between throwing it up and not taking it all would be?

Patty

Patty

SCC Floor of Mouth 7/06
9/06 Surgery, bilateral neck dissection, 58 nodes clear PT2pN0pMx
35 rad 2006
Recurred 6/08, 1 Carboplatin, 1 Cisplatin
Surgery 9/08 - Total glossectomy, free flap from pectoral muscle, left mandible replaced using fibula
35 IMRT & Erbitux 11/08
4/15/09 recurrence
6/1/09 passed away, rest in peace