Hello SweetPea and welcome to the site. There are soo many helpful people on this site and is great for answers. During my surgery they had to compromise my right facial nerve paralyzing the right side of my face and half my tongue. My speech is more affected by the inability to move my face/lips then my tongue, but I'm still comprehensible.

The tongue paralysis affects more of my eating and swallowing then anything else and I can't stick out my tongue very far out of my mouth or to one side of the inside of my mouth. This makes it hard to move food around in my mouth so chewing can be tough.

I think the hardest thing about the facial/tongue paralysis for me is not being able to kiss my wife like I used to but my case is different due to the facial paralysis on top of the tongue paralysis. I think that it would be more easily dealt with if it were just the tongue paralysis.

I hope this helps and wish you the best

Young Frack, SCC T4N2M0, Cisplatin,35+ rads,ND, RT Mandiblectomy w fibular free flap, facial paralysis, "He who has a "why" to live can bear with almost any "how"." -Nietzche "WARNING" PG-13 due to Sarcasm & WAY too much attitude, interact at your own risk.