Your pump speed is pretty good. During the day are you using the pump or doing the gravity or bolus feedings? The reason Im asking is, are you able to get in more that 1 1/2 of those big syringes per hour. A large syringe is 60. You had mentioned difficulty in getting your daily water in. If you want to give something a try, and do a few flushes daily it will make getting the water easier. Just dont forget to swallow water also.

I had alot of problems with adjusting to the tube feedings so I have a few pointers for you. First your formula the doc gave you is Nutren 500 calories per can. They want you doing 6 cans per day which is 3000 calories. Try loading it at night with 4 cans and 1 1/2 cans of water to dilute it. That will make it much easier on your stomach. Then during the day you can sit and watch tv in the afternoons while having 'lunch' of 2 cans diluted with 1 can of water. After about 4 days try to turn the pump up to 100, give it a few more then try 110. I wouldnt go much higher than 140, it will reduce your feed time dramatically.

This worked only thru alot of trial and error. I was guided by my nutritionist after a couple hospital stays for malnutrition and dehydration. It has worked well for others who have tried it too. Hope it helps you.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma