Well, I wanted to keep this to a scientific, critical thought provoking issue, and clearly stated in an earlier post that vaccination should not be mandatory but the right of individuals to choose. But there is so much biased agenda based BS out there, particularly on the web, that I do not believe that reasonable people are getting the correct scientific facts. I hoped to have people learn to think critically for themselves, an not buy into rhetoric that has bias, by asking them to explore the questions I posed earlier.

Obviously I have my own bias, and that is to vaccinate, but this is a free country. I am a person that believes that anyone should (as long as it hurts no one else), do as they please, and I'd like my government out of it. If someone is a Christian Scientist and wants no doctors in their life at all, I disagree with them, but I believe in their right to live that way. But watch out if they try to stuff that belief down my throat. That goes for everything from my right to die when I choose to pull he plug, the right of individuals to chose how their own bodies are treated, and much more.

But when it comes to children, the receivers of this vaccine, it is up to adults to make the decisions for them. So I try the best as I can, to get adults to think for themselves, not follow dogma (political, religious or pharma), and come to conclusions that are in the best interests scientifically for the kids.

I am disturbed when the state of Kansas passes a law to actually change the definition of the word "science" (this is for real) so that creationism can be taught there alongside evolution. I am OK with teaching religion, but not in a science class. Why can the two classes not be taught separately? Certainly religion (any one) can be taught in philosophy classes, and they can all be compared. Comparative religion classes are commonplace at every university. The AGENDA of forcing them into science classes boggles the mind. The very nature of religion implies FAITH, and it needs no scientific proof to exist. The definition of science is what it is, and twisting it to serve some other motive is just wrong. I want a complete separation between our church and state, and that just isn't happening anymore. That agenda also touches all things sexual, from sex education in our schools, condom use, to this vaccine.

Having gone into that issue as much as I care to, I am upset when children are put at risk because of parent's bias. But that is how it must be if we are to have a truly free country. So let's have this thread stick with one thing. The scientific pros and cons of vaccination. We all know that there are political, religious, individual, educational, intellectual, philosophical, and many other bias involved in all of this, those biases will not change. But here, where we tolerate the differences that we all have, the only thing that we should be discussing is science. So to all the liberals, conservatives, Christians, atheists, and practitioners of voodoo or what ever, I urge you to please keep those perspectives out of the discussion. We all agree that there are agendas on all sides at play here. So accept that which ever side of the argument that you are on, that we will stay with the science, and not the other agendas that people are involved in, even though those issues are fully at play in the real world.... they are real, we just will not bring them into the OCF board. PLEASE no rants. Please check your sources before posting.

We should discuss the vaccine - and the foundation through its science board, advocates for its use. But we do not insist that anyone be forced to vaccinate if they do not wish to. Because while we cannot do anything in our generation to stop the growth of HPV caused OC, we believe that we can stem the death rate of it in our children's generation. That in itself is reason to work towards its use.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.