Angel,
I missed sevral days due to illness and machine downtime. They just extended the end date. What is important is that you get all of your Greys (or fractions of treatment). The RO's grumble about it but I think that it's more of a scheduling trainwreck for them since the machines are in such heavy, constant use. You need the weekends off so that your tissues can heal a bit.

Even if they discovered that HPV caused yout cancer (which Brian and I both suspect caused ours) there is no good test for it unless a. it's active or b, they can furnish a sample of the original biopsy material to a lab for analysis. In any case, it doesn't change the results or the treatment plan. Your insurance won't cover the cost of the test in most cases (for a sample of the biopsy material to be sent to a lab). Many ENT's consider it to be academic once you already have cancer. I could have gotten my biopsy sample tested but I don't care at this point.

My RO (at the CCC) informed me this week that they don't follow cancer patients after 6 years anyway and refered me to my PCP for future followup, which is semiannual anyway, by the head & neck surgeon.

Last edited by Gary; 12-06-2008 04:53 AM.

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)