SCC is a very aggressive cancer and the current thinking in treatment is to hit it hard and fast so to speak and no breaks in the radiation would fit that thinking but remember they also "give" us Sat and Sunday off so they already break the rad up somewhat. I was fortunate that I didn't have any breaks (I guess) but there really isn't any definitive way that I know of to measure if your particular break could really make a difference so I wouldn't worry about it at all. Now if you are HPV+ which you don't say, then a study has concluded that HPV+ SCC responds better to the Tx compared to HPV- SCC so that may also affect this discussion.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.