A few months ago I posted about my next door neighbor being Dx'ed with Stage I SCC of his voice box. He told me that ALL he was having was concurrent chemo and rad and that his doctor told him it would be a breeze compared to me. He said that he had told him about my horror stories. He was a lifelong heavy smoker. I tried to talk to him but he just didn't want to listen since his doctor assured him his Tx was going to be a piece of cake. Well we pretty much know how that story went and he's finished now and recently told me he fully understands what I was trying to warn him about. LOL But here's my problem, one night when I was walking Buddy in my back yard I smelled smoke coming from his back yard and saw a red tip in the darkness that had to be the tip of a cigarette. His non smoking wife was also out of town. That was early on in his Tx. Yesterday my wife spoke to his wife and she said that she is so mad because he is back to smoking, just not as much. My wife is after me to talk to him but after reading some of your posts about what you thought of people tell you not to smoke I don't know what to do.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.