Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the advice. As of right now she is hospitalized due to her weight (71lbs) and the fact that her electrolytes, etc. are all off and she is dehydrated. Plus her kidneys are shutting down.

To answer some of the questions... up until last week, she was living on her own. She has been with me a week today (Tuesday). I didn't know she had stashed cigarettes and a bottle of booze in her bags. I REFUSE to buy her any of it. She switched from beer to liquor because she says the liquor doesn't burn like beer. ??? I believe she has had 5 weeks of radiation and she claims everything burns her mouth, but still able to drink alcohol. She has even stopped eating because of her mouth. It isn't like she is drinking or smoking alot, but in my mind I think she shouldn't be doing either, at all. Her cancer is just going to come back. Well, she is in the hospital now and they are fully aware of what has been going on at home, so hopefully it will all be addressed.

Take care everyone,

Sharon

cg to mother Carol, 65, Stage 3-4 Oral Cancer, jaw, tonsil, upper palate. Diagnosed Sept. 5, 2008. 6 weeks (5 days a week) of radiation and 6 weeks (2 days a week) of chemo. NJ tube placed 11/25/08. Treatment ended early due to complications. Mom passed away March 13, 2010 after a long hard fight.