So let me ask some dumb questions. Why'd she switch from beer to hard liquor? Is it because they is no beer in the house? Where is she getting the hard liquor? Is she ordering it from the liquor store or raiding your in house supply? Likewise with the cigarretes. If she can't go out, how is she getting these? You might be able to slow her down by turning off the supply chain, but a true alcoholic will still find ways to get it so need to alcohol proof the entire house, like throw out the hair sprays, tabasco, mouth washes and I forget all what else. You can probably get the list from AA.

You don't state how many radiation treatments she has had, but after about two weeks it should hurt too much to smoke or drink anything harder than beer. She also may not be able to swallow so she will be putting it down the PEG tube. Not good. She could OD on it so I'd get all the hard stuff out of the house. Watch out because she may have caches of this stuff hidden once she figures out what you are up to.

You need to update your profile to include her diagnosis and treatment. Go to MY STUFF up to top and PROFILE, fill in the info in the signature section and remember to click SAVE or UPDATE on the way out.

Take care,
Eileen

----------------------
Aug 1997 unknown primary, Stage III
mets to 1 lymph node in neck; rt ND, 36 XRT rad
Aug 2001 tiny tumor on larynx, Stage I total laryngectomy; left ND
June 5, 2010 dx early stage breast cancer
June 9, 2011 SCC 1.5 cm hypo pharynx, 70% P-16 positive, no mets, Stage I