Lottie:

I understand how frustrating the whole recovery period can be. It seems to take forever to feel better. When progress has been made sometimes you can slip backwards. Its very difficult sometimes.

Please try to realize that right now its still way too early to be worried about long term limitations. Even when I was 6 months post tx, it wasnt anything to even worry about. Your husband can only heal and recover as quickly as his body will aloow. It will take months maybe even years. There are other long term effects that still could come out. As far as options go, cancer is devastating plain and simple not just to the patient but also caregiver. Im really sorry to have to give you this info, I know its not easy for you.

One thing that might be helpful for your husband with healing is hyperbaric oxygen treatments (HBO). Do a search on here or also on the main site about it. Thats the one motivating factor in my recovery that helped me to heal and feel better. HBO helps with so many things that it could help your husband. Check with the doc about vitamins too. Hydration and nutrition are still a huge factor in his recovery.

Its ok to cry, we all do. Cancer stinks!!!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma