Eileen, What an encouraging messsage from someone years out from treatment! I thank you.

My husband is walking outside and has been doing this on an almost daily basis, thru tx. Hopes to get back to treadmill at gym by 11/1.

Mucus has decreased enough that he doesn't want suction machine. (tried one while OP in hospital). He uses baking soda sol, gelclair, & biotene mouthwash. I will look into humidifier. RO said no to Robitussin, will check this out again.

Re eating: tolerating 4-6 oz pureed soups, yogurt, & pudding. Drinking water throughout day. Next week will try scrambled egg, etc. RO said should challenge himself each week to more difficult textures - if unable to eat soft/solid food by 8 wks post rad, will need to be checked.

I have thought about planning a trip to a location where we could be self-contained. I agree that spring might be the time frame to aim for. Glad to see that you also think that's reasonable.

Should I continue this on another forum? Lottie

CG to husband, dx @ age 65, nonsmoker/social drinker. Dx 5/08 SCC Stage IV, BOT T1N2aM0. 33 IMRT - completed 9/12/08. Induction Chemo (Cisplatin, Taxotere & 5FU), plus concurrent Cisplatin.
1/09 PEG removed; 5/09 neg PET/CT; 5/10 PET/CT NED
Dental extraction & HBOT 2013; ORN 2014; Debridement/Tissue Transfer & HBOT 2016