Wow what amazing advice the massaging was I am getting the back of my neck and shoulders above the surgery and below. Now I just have to get up enough to massage around the incision...and the actual site so working down..from cheeks down to chin from behind the ear down the neck. It is feeling sooo much better...I still have the fevers and the cold but I do not feel like I did Sunday nite. My tongue still feels thicker...I just read about thinning of the free flap I guess I will have to ask my doctor on that one and a few more things...I feel kinda stupid now but will be relieved to know things are well...in my mouth and chin is it coming along ok well I hate to waste professional's time if I am just paranoid but when I called monday there was definate trouble...but massaging seemed to help..but the nurse kinda noticed an off colour in my packing too so...I just want the doctors to take me serious when and if something happens...

Thanks for the advice it helped...

Dianne..treatment at cc at Victoria Hospital, London, Ontario...insulin dependant, Surgery Sept 8/08 Tracheotomy,composite resection and bilateral neck dissection, left radial forearm free flap... T2N0 squamous cell carcinoma. No radiation A little over 2 yrs clear YAY