I am seeking some direction I know nobody is a doctor on this site but with the experience the collective might as well be...I had a bilateral neck disection done...for those of you familiar with my posts....I am not sure if I am just getting feeling back or if there is something wrong...I am leaning towards an infection cause I have had a fever for the past few days little energy and the swelling under my jaw seems quite tight..together with my tongue seems swollen...I seem to have a bit of a cold...I was told it was quite normal to feel like you are being choked with this surgery so I kinda ignored it now that the tighness seems to have increased like I said I don't know if I am just getting feeling back or if the swelling is worse...have no real mirrors and am just going by what I am feeling and touch...my family is not a great help cause they say they can't tell if there is a difference ...I have a bit of phlem and headaches...I see my nurse tomorrow morning...and if the swelling has not decreased or I still feel like I am being choked I am calling the doctor's office who did the surgery...I may have to take a trip to London unless this is normal part of healing...I am such a darn anxious person afraid of throat closing off in my sleep....If I felt my husband would be able to drive tonite we would be on our way..I feel like my skin is stretched to it's limit and even into my chest (just below the surgery)...They have been packing my incision so maybe they will be able to tell..but they say things are healing fine...I don't know why I am writing on here I guess fear and axiousness...like I said don't know if the swelling is moving up my face or if I am just getting feeling back...this is so confusing...I was actually feeling better coping with the pain...I can still move my neck fairly well side to side left and right...am feeling chin...anyway I am not sure so gonna ask nurse in am...thanks I am just having a hard time sleeping and am scared...

Dianne..treatment at cc at Victoria Hospital, London, Ontario...insulin dependant, Surgery Sept 8/08 Tracheotomy,composite resection and bilateral neck dissection, left radial forearm free flap... T2N0 squamous cell carcinoma. No radiation A little over 2 yrs clear YAY