Ija- You are definately not alone with how you are feeling. My husband is very self reliant but I'm constantly reminding him to take his meds, flush his PEG, etc. etc. I'm sure the emotional stress is getting to you also. During stressful times your immune system takes a beating. You should get a physical and make sure you're ok and that there is not an underlying issue ie thyroid trouble. I just had mine checked because I've been unable to lose the ten pounds I put on since this hell started over a year ago. Ditto to what the others have said about taking time for yourself. During my husband's chemo treatments I would take a slow walk to the cafeteria and sometimes buy a trashy magazine to read just to take my mind away for awhile. He will be starting chemo again tomorrow so I will have to start my routine back up again! Take care of yourself.

Sue

cg to husband, 48 Stage 1V head and neck SCC. First surgery 9/07. Radiation and several rounds of chemo followed. Mets to chest and lungs. "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain." Went home to God on February 22, 2009.