Hi David,

Lets see if I can get some answers to your questions!

Regarding the Unknown Primary.
The oral exam by my ENT didn't show anything unusual.
Then I had a PET Scan that just showed SCC in the two lymph Nodes.
During Surgery they removed the two lymph nodes, my Tonsils and took oral and throat biopsies from all suspect sites, but in my case the ENT said nothing really even look unusual and the biopsies were all negative.
During Surgery another doctor did a throat procedure (scoped my throat?)but again found nothing unusual and those biopsies were all negative.

I am 62 and I am a ex-smoker. I quit some five or so year ago. I smoked about a half pack a day back then and years before closer to a pack a day. I don't known if it caused the SCC or not.

With an Unknown Primary and everything appearing normal, so far none of the doctors seem to be speculating on a cause. One Medical Oncologist also mention HPV. I am not sure if I have been tested yet, but based on her questions and my answers, I don't think I am a good candidate.

I am being treated in metro San Diego. The TomoTherapy machine is at Sharp-Grossmont's David & Donna Long Center for Cancer Treatment in La Mesa California (a suburb of SD) My chemo will also be administered at that Medical Complex. My ENT and one of my two MO's is at Sharp-Memorial Medical Complex in San Diego. Both of these Sharp Medical Complexes are about 10 miles from my home Sharp is one of the major providers here(http://www.sharp.com).

So far the biggest problem for me has been psychologically adapting to the PEG -- of course they just put it in six days ago.

Everyone tells me to eat, eat, eat, but since getting this PEG I get heartburn if eat much at all :<

Don
TXN2bM0 Stage IVa SCC-Occult Primary
FNA 6/6/08-SCC in node<2cm
PET/CT 6/19/08-SCC in 2nd node<1cm
HiRes CT 6/21/08
Exploratory,Tonsillectomy(benign),Right SND 6/23/08
PEG 7/3/08-11/6/08
35 TomoTherapy 7/16/08-9/04/08 No Chemo
Clear PET/CT 11/15/08, 5/15/09, 5/28/10, 7/8/11