Rosie,

I know this is a late response but I do hope the 2 you mentioned above had my name by one. I also want to say that to this day I still tear up just hearing news of the Green Bay Packers. It reminds me of Packer but it also reminds me so much of "the little hayseed from Wisconsin" Danny Boy. I then think of you, Heather, Las Vegas...and on and on and on. I can hardly go to the south side of Dallas because my heart still aches for Lynn and her darling little daughters. I then go home, I buy a shirt for someone that I know has battled some form of cancer. I try to drop chump change to OCF thinking in my mind that I am making a difference somehow. I have had 5 people tell me this past month that they asked their dentist if he/she was qualified to do a ADA approved oral cancer screening. I set up a booth at a health fair and I had 2 people that asked specifically at the door where the Oral Cancer Foundation booth was. I also had a gentleman take my name and ask me come to a health fair in South Oak Cliff. This is where the highest risk people would live and not coincidentally, the highest crime ridden area of Dallas.

I am taking a volunteer Hospital Chaplain class Tuesday nights, teach US Citizenship classes on Wednesday night, teaching English classes on Thursday nights and chairing the Missions Committee at our church which is one of the larger ones in our community.

People, let me jump on the bandwagon with Rosie for just a minute. I can find time, skip a lunch, do something that I feel makes a difference. I will never be able to truly give back to Brian Hill what he has given to me but so help me God (yes the unsolicited religious reference), I will do at least the small things that I can as long as I am breathing.

Skip a latte or a meal once a week and send the money to OCF. If you are reading this, you have been affected by oral cancer in some way.

I am on here today because yesterday (3 times total) my wife heard a PSA on the radio station for the Oral Cancer Foundation! It immediately brought me here to my old neighborhood where I left a part of my heart on many occasions.

I love all of you but love does not pay the bills!

Ed

SCC Stage IV, BOT, T2N2bM0
Cisplatin/5FU x 3, 40 days radiation
Diagnosis 07/21/03 tx completed 10/08/03
Post Radiation Lower Motor Neuron Syndrome 3/08.
Cervical Spinal Stenosis 01/11
Cervical Myelitis 09/12
Thoracic Paraplegia 10/12
Dysautonomia 11/12
Hospice care 09/12-01/13.
COPD 01/14
Intermittent CHF 6/15
Feeding tube NPO 03/16
VFI 12/2016
ORN 12/2017
Cardiac Event 06/2018
Bilateral VFI 01/2021