Rosie,
"Words from the heart enter the heart." Your posting should certainly inspire others to contribute, if not to this campaign then to OCF in the future.
Please do not blame yourself or anyone else for the slow response to this appeal. I have been involved in fundraising and have found that how others respond can be surprising. Not everyone is fast to answer an appeal. Perhaps some here are waiting for the next check or have not had time to analyze their accounts. Also, this is a very short term appeal. Perhaps others have also made provisions for OCF in their wills and consider that their contribution.
One day last year I picked up 2 grandchildren from school. They had just received information about a read-a-thon to raise money to get books for the school library. This was also a matching type campaign as the money raised bought books at a much less than wholesale cost. My 11 year old grandaughter asked for my cell phone and was calling family members and friends as soon as she got in the car. She asked for pledges for herself and for her brother. Between calls she said to me, "It's not like I'm asking for myself, the school needs the books."

When I gave the information to a friend who is a social worker in an agency she thanked me and said she would pass it around at work.

Malka

PS: I have added the link to my signature.

SCC stage II Partial mandibulectomy w. neck dissection- July 2005. Renal cancer w. partial nephrectomy-Jan 2004. Breast cancer discovered in routine mammogram. Successful lumpectomy, sentinal nodes clear, RT only-2008 Reconstruction of mandible w fibula free flap-Jan 09. TORS removal of begnin pappiloma from esophagus-2010. Masectomy,rt breast 2013.
Support OCF