Brian,
I didn't mean to give the impression that my dr at MD Anderson was totally against cancer forums. I was so nervous I could have gotten a different impression than he intended. The best I recall (and I was upset about abnormalities he was talking about on the ct scan done the day before), I simply said that I got on an oral cancer forum to read what others were going through and he just said I needed to be careful getting advice from people who didn't know my exact situation since everyone is different and their cases are different too. I said I knew that I couldn't get upset about what forum people or any other people tell me I should be doing, as it has to be my own decision, but it sure is good to read what others feel that are going through similar situations.. Because no matter how much people care, they just don't quite know what this is like until it is themselves... As with any sickness or disease I guess. I did see Dr. Jocob (dental oncologist) and was very impressed with her down to earth attitude... With a couple of crowns put on, she felt like if and when the cancer comes back, I could withstand the radiation without having them all pulled.. Time will tell.
Anyway, I do think this forum is well worth getting involved in and appreciate other to talk to