Rosie,
My post was not meant to offend. I'm sorry if it did. I felt like negative statements were being made about the PEG. I just wanted to keep some balance. I reread my post because I am very good at seeing my own mistakes but I just don't see how my post offended anyone. Again though, I am very sorry if it did.
Rosie, my post was made more because of Eileens post (sorry Eileen!), as I felt like she was stressing the infection/throat closing issues. But, she was simply stating her opinion, as was I.
My zeal for the PEG is from experience with it. I haven't had a nasogastric. We both are trying to help others which is what this board is for. I wasn't lashing out at anyone and I'm sorry if it appeared that way. I come on here for what the board can give me and what I can give the board. I don't come on here to debate nor to argue. For the first time I feel uncomfortable being here and that makes me sad.
Minnie

SCC Left Mandible. Jaw replaced with bone from leg. Neck disection, 37 radiation treatments. Recurrence 8-28-07, stage 2, tongue. One third of tongue removed 10-4-07. 5-23-08 chemo started for tumor behind swallowing passage, Our good friend and much loved OCF member Minnie has been lost to the disease (RIP 10-29-08). We will all miss her greatly.