Sabrina,

You are soooo strong and sound like you held up so well through all of this. Are you still eating by mouth? I remember wanting to celebrate with my mom on her last day of radiation but she was sooo sick that we had to wait for the celebration. It was the longest and hardest six weeks of my life so I can't even imagine how long and hard it was for you guys actually going through it. My mom went through a lot of emotions with the mask and the machine breaking down and what a pain in the butt it was to wait for the machine to work again. It was very very frustrating for her also.

But great news. My mom saw her Oncologist yesterday and she said that my mom is doing better than anybody she has ever seen go through her type of radiation at this point. She said everything in her mouth looks fine and she is healing beautifully. You can't even imagine the relief my mom felt and what a great nights sleep she got last night. This is just 11 weeks after completion of radiation and chemo.

You are a riot and have such a positive attitude. If your ever in California we will have to meet up. Your posts always have a way of bringing a smile to my face. I love your sense of humor!

Dani

Originally joined OCF on 12/12/03 as DaniO or Danijams
Dani-Mom SCC BOT & floor of mouth surgery-recur then surgery/rads & chemo completed 3/04
surgery 11/06 to remove dead bone & replace jaw w/ leg bone & titanium plate