Hello all, Eric here. I started this thread a few weeks ago. It's Tuesday, Jan. 21 and I finished my last IMRT treatment this past Friday... Yahoo!!

The last week of treatments really kicked my tail, and honestly I still feel pretty rotten four days out from my last treatment. At least I know this is pretty much the bottom, and I should begin the upswing any day now (at least I hope that's the case)...

My mouth held up well until the final week. Now, my tongue, cheeks, gums are all sore, and of course once that pain medication wears off I have the sore throat of the century... Sleeping is a struggle because I have to get up every 1-2 hours to spit/rinse all the gook in the back of my throat. Thankfully I haven't been sick to my stomach in awhile...

I go back to the doctor tomorrow for a follow-up. He may give me a stronger pain meds, since my current prescription of Hydrocodone doesn't seem to have the same effect that it used to (seems to wear off in 2 hours, but I can only take it every 4-6 hours)...

Thanks again for all of your encouraging words... It's nice to have folks around you who have been through what you're going through... That helps us to keep going...

Blessings,
Eric

Tongue cancer (SCC), diagnosed Oct. 2003 (T2 N0 M0). Surgery to remove tumor. IMRT Radiation 30x in Dec 2003 - Jan. 2004. Recurrence lymph node - radical neck dissection June 2004. Second round of rad/chemo treatments ended Sept. 2004.