Hello All,

I have been working on expanding my mouth opening
to allow me to eat through my mouth and get rid of the PEG tube. I have been feeding myself for almost 6 months. The therabite device does work but it's a slow process. I should have been using one at the start of radiation instead of waiting to the end. Another case of me having to ask for a therabite, my ENT never suggested I should get one. Nor did my rad guy. I got the info off OCF.
My mouth opening was less than two fingers about 20mm, I'm now up to 27mm which allows me to eat splid food.

I saw a nutrionist today and the plan is to have the PEG tube removed by mid February. Can't wait to sleep om my stomach again. She gave me some sound advice on what and how much to eat to maintain my weight. Right now I am 5 lbs heavier than my normal precancer weight. I have gained back 30 lbs. in 5 months. All on Jevity & Gatorade.
Plan on eating alot of creamed soups, meat, salads
and eggs, oatmeat etc. Well this is all for now, Thanks for letting mr roam on. Your friend, Daniel

Daniel Bogan DX 7/16/03 Right tonsil,SCC T4NOMO. right side neck disection, IMRT Radiation x 33.

Recurrance in June 05 in right tonsil area. Now receiving palliative chemo (Erbitux) starting 3/9/06

Our good friend and loved member of the forum has passed away RIP Dannyboy 7-16-2006