Hi Danny,
I am glad that things continue to improve for you.
As you probably already know I had radiation and chemo only for a large tumor on the right tonsil. The tumor responded immediately to treatment and melted into oblivion by the third week. I was able to start eating (soft) regular food about a month after Tx was over. At almost 11 months post Tx, I am able to eat virtually anything. I still have a little trouble with things like bread, chips, cookies and just about anything on the dry side. I have no problems with things like hot sauce, salsa, pizza, salad dressings etc. My taste buds are fully back to normal and started to return about 30 days post Tx. My mouth is fully healed and I haven't had any problems with thrush for over 6 months. I still have a little pain when yawning and the muscles in my neck are what the radiologist tremed "textured". But, in all, a small price to pay.

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)