Hi Eli.........Brian is right, just let them do what they are going to do. Your sister may be uncomfortable the day of the surgery and possibly a little sore for a day after that. By the second--third day, she'll be just fine. Hopefully she'll begin to feel better once she has some nourshiment and liquids going into her system. I had my feeding tube well over a year with little problem, and I am so glad that I listened to the Doctors when they suggested I have one put in. Even with the feeding tube I had trouble keeping my self hydrated and nourished. I just never felt like eating; I never really felt hungry. But with the tube I could put myself on a schedule and just feed because I had to not because I wanted to. It just made everything so much simplier, and I'm sure I healed quicker because of the nourshiment I was able to get with the feeding tube in place. Good luck to both you and your sister. SIncerely, Donna

SCC first time 1989, with a diagnoses of 'cancer in situ' removed lesion, no other treatments.
SCC recurrence 1997 of tongue and floor of the mouth. Stage III /IV Hemmiglossectomy (removed over 60% of tongue/ floor of the mouth), free flap, modified neck, RAD and Chemo(cisplatin, 5fu) simutainously.
Cancer free 6, yes, six, years!