Reen.........I am just so very sorry to hear of your sisters terminal cancer. I wish I had some great words of wisdom to help you out of what must seem a desperate situation, but I don't. If you have time, or if you even can, read Kubler-Rosses book on Death and Dying. That may give you some idea as to what to expect with reguards to the stages of death and maybe even some comfort. Perhaps a support group.....I don't know what to say.....
I guess if it were me, I'd park my butt at my sister's side if I could and just enjoy the last months she has left. I make her feel wanted and loved and I'd do anything in my power to make her comfortable. I'd talk to her, hold her hand and feed her chicken noodle soup if that is what she wanted. I'd even crawl right into the bed next to her and just be there. Good experiences can and do evolve from something bad happening. Although you don't see that right now perhaps this will be one of those times. I hope so. You will be in my thoughts thats for sure! I wish you the best of luck......make this time count! SIncerely Donna

SCC first time 1989, with a diagnoses of 'cancer in situ' removed lesion, no other treatments.
SCC recurrence 1997 of tongue and floor of the mouth. Stage III /IV Hemmiglossectomy (removed over 60% of tongue/ floor of the mouth), free flap, modified neck, RAD and Chemo(cisplatin, 5fu) simutainously.
Cancer free 6, yes, six, years!