Just got back from a trip to MD Anderson this week... wow, what a place...

I have a newfound respect for MD Anderson after seeing it in action. Yes, there is a cattle-call feel about it at times, but a lot of folks also bent over backwards for us when we told them we were there from out of town and only had a few days. I had to laugh when they call you six at a time to do bloodwork, and sit you down in chairs right next to each other in the same room. A bloodwork assembly line -- how novel!!

Basically, they confirmed everything my docs in Phoenix were saying, so that was comforting. We are going to stay in Phoenix for this round of treatments, only because I will be on the same IMRT machine, and the Phx folks are familiar with my initial treatment plan. At one point, they even considered using my old mask -- believe it or not I held on to it for some reason -- but it is too loose now since I lost a lot of weight from the first go around (and lost a nice chunk of my left neck from my recent radical neck dissection).

I went in for my simulation on Friday (kind of like reliving a nightmare in some ways) and will likely start treatments either late this week or early the week after. This time we get to add chemo to the mix -- joy, joy...

But I intend to deliver the knock out punch to the cancer this time around. Time to get back into fightin' mode...

Tongue cancer (SCC), diagnosed Oct. 2003 (T2 N0 M0). Surgery to remove tumor. IMRT Radiation 30x in Dec 2003 - Jan. 2004. Recurrence lymph node - radical neck dissection June 2004. Second round of rad/chemo treatments ended Sept. 2004.