I was treated at MDACC as well. The head and neck center is very good, but understaffed. Be prepared to wait. They do a great job and treating so many patients in such a thorough manner. You'll notice the waiting rooms don't have many magazines, but racks of books. My dad pointed this out to me and said "This isn't a good sign" ha ha! I have to say that after you get into their system that they treat you very well. I have opted to stay in Dallas for any further treatment and my doctor said you can be rest assured you have received the "gold standard" as far as treatment goes. That was a comfort and eased my mind about my decision to go to MDACC. I was 10 weeks away from my little girls and that was extremely hard. My best to you. All the ENTs there are excellent, don't worry about who you get.

Let me know what you decide and how everything goes.

Lynn

Stage 3, N0, M0 oral tongue cancer survivor, 85-90% of tongue removed, neck disection, left tonsil removed, chemo/radiation treatments, surgery 11/03, raditation ended 1/04, lung mets discovered 4/04,