Cat when Rob was in the hospital on one occasion,
we were visited by a chaplain doing her rounds.She sat on the end of Robs bed and started asking him questions,which i answered,a habit i got in to over a period of time because he NEVER actually told anyone about how he really was doing,and as tx went on he couldn't because he could barely speak.
She glared at me and looked at Robin and said "does she always speak for you?can't you speak for yourself?"
At which point Robin shook his head,and just about manged to growl "ask her" which she did and boy did i tell her!!
Rob never ever said anything when asked how he felt except "yeh i'm ok"which he very rarely was,and i used to jump straight in and tell the doctors exactly what was happening at home and how he really was.
I never left the hospital until i had the answers to all my questions,and the solution to all the problems he was dealing with,and his "ask her" reply became a standing joke among his team.
Sometimes he was just to ill to cope with Doctors probing, sometimes he was too exhausted from the tx and mostly he just really didnt want to know,but he realised that one of us had to be empowered and was happy to let me deal with all that.
If its what you need to do cat then you go for it.

love liz

Liz in the UK

Husband Robin aged 44 years Dx 8th Dec 2006 poorly differentiated SCC tongue with met to neck T1N2cM0 Surgery and Radiation.Finished TX April 2007
Recurrence June/07 died July 29th/07.

Never take your eye off the ball, it may just smack you in the mouth.