Contradict me if you wish but we but seen others who were rejected for further review after treatment is started. There are potential liability issues here that the doctors don't want to get into. Prior to starting a new treatment segment might be a different issue (as was in your case).

They update the NCCN Oncology Practice Guidelines at least annually. There is also summary of changes located throughout.

When I research this I always use the latest information available.

DISCLAIMER: Bear in mind that neither Nelie or I are doctors, we are only advocating that there are numerous possibilities and that everyones cancer is somewhat unique so there may be variations in the treatment protcol. We merely try to equip the patient and/or caregivers/advocates with sufficient knowledge to ask intelligent questions that allow them to make choices that will have the highest degree of confidence that they will have access to the best treatment plans available with all of the risks and benefits weighed out.

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)