Some magic mouthwash can be swallowed, some cannot. Do check with your doctor or pharmacist if you can swallow yours.

The fever may be an indication of an infection. When my husband was in treatment, we were told never to take a Tylenol for pain. It was explained to me that the Tylenol can reduce the fever and mask the infection. So, do tell your doctors about this. A radiation patient may have a slightly elevation body temperature, but it shouldn’t be significant.

Is there an after hours help line you can call at your hospital? I found that very helpful, especially when things happen late in the day or over the weekend. On the occasion that my husband developed deep vein thrombosis, she told me to get him to Emergency ASAP and not to wait for the morning.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.