Hi Tom,

Good for you, getting all the info down and being clear about them. It can be pretty confusing to someone who is already/ anxious. The treatments seem to be par for the course but I was a bit surprised about your getting radiation for six months, are you sure it isn’t six weeks?

At this point, I would go out and eat all my favorites foods if I were you. Indulge. It will be a while before you can enjoy them again. Have you lined up other supports like having someone driving you to and from the hospital and to look after you a bit at home?

By the way, did you talk to your doctors about your rash? You will be getting quite a few CAT scans over the next little while; if it is the contrast (dye) that’s causing the problem, you really need to let your doctors know.

You can do it, it is tough at times but you can do it.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.