Im sorry I missed your post about not being able to call about your rash. Are you in the US? If so there is always a doctor on call 24/7/365. Ive called a few times in the middle of the night and the answering service has had the doctor paged and he calls me back, surprisingly its usually very fast like in 2-5 minutes. It must be serious if it is bothering you enough for you to take the time and effort post it here.

Any rash that you feel is swelling sounds like it could very well be an allergic reaction. Be careful!!!! If you feel your throat is tightening up or its affecting your breathing get to the ER or call an ambulance. An allergic reaction can be a serious medical condition that requires prompt medical attention. Do you live alone? If so call a friend or relative to stop over to give you a hand. I always err on the side of caution with things like this and get checked out. Better to apologize later than have a medical emergency.

I dont have a medical background but I seriously doubt an itchy rash would be related to cancer. It sounds to me like its a reaction to something new you have introduced to yoru body. It could be any number of things besides the dye. Maybe you ate something that didnt agree with you? Regardless of what the cause was, you should get it checked out ASAP. Benedryl can help with the rash and swelling. Ive taken childrens liquid allergy medicine many times for things like this, its always helped me. Next time you see your doc make certain you talk about this and ask if benedryl would work for you in your situation.

Please let us know how you make out. Good luck!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma