Welcome to the forum and I am sorry you are both dealing with this very tough disease. I had the same diagnosis and treatments as your husband. I don't know if this is of any comfort to you but his difficulties, both physically and mentally, are very typical at his point in treatment. My experience was very similar and the frustrations with food, fatigue, mouth sores, etc... all seem compounded by 10 by the fear and uncertainty of a cancer diagnosis. On top of that was the guilt I felt for putting all of this on my wife/caregiver.

It helped me to try and take as proactive an attitude as possible. Concentrating on what I had to do everyday. I tracked every calorie and every oz of liquid I ingested. Did my swallowing and mouth exercises 3 X a day. And when I needed to sleep, I slept. All the time keeping focused on beating this disease and getting better.

You didn't mention if your husband has a feeding tube. I could not have survived without it. Eating was a nightmare. The tube was a godsend and I kept my liquid and calorie levels where they had to be.

I saw a social counselor once a week during my treatments and she offered a few things that helped me tremendously with my attitude and my fears. If it's available I would strongly recommend it. I scheduled it right before a treatment so I didn't have to make another trip out.

You guys are halfway there so hang tight! It's worth the fight so keep the "prize" in sight!

Best of luck😃

Ed

Edward, 64 yrs
7/21/2016 Dx BOT stage 4 w additional tumors neck & left lymph node
8/15/2016 began Tmt EBT w Cesplatin 1x week for 8 wks.
Feeding tube and port.
10/17/2016 finished treatment. CT still shows tissue. Dr. Says 60% chance it is scar tissue.
01/13/2016 PET Scan shows no sign of cancer.