Nice to hear from you. I am so excited upon hearing your latest PT report ! Best news I have heard all week. I think you are on to something there in that perhaps ALL warriors of these after effects should take heed. Why is this route not standard for all patients ? It is such a shame that patients are almost completely cut free from medical information when they finish chemo and radiation. We all seem to be swimming out there on our own.

As I have told you no one ever told me about fluoride trays or when I went to the nephrologist with kidney stone problems I was just told you need to do this and this.....look it up on the internet because I don't have any handouts on it.

Come on, that is laziness. I was the clinic supervisor in an over 100 provider office for many years and it does not take much to get file folders, assign a filing cabinet, print out handouts and have them available for patients. So many people won't follow through or grab bad info from bad sites. Perhaps things will get better with the current healthcare system soon because right now most offices are more concerned with how many patients did we see vs how many did we REALLY help. Sorry, my soap box is very tall on this issue.

You are so right about instilling strength of character in your children. I can tell it is important for you and what a gift you are giving them. I see the protesting going on yesterday and today as some did not get their way and sadly shake my head. There are some universities (even a law school) giving students the day off because they were "traumatized". It has gotten so crazy. Life is going to be so tough for them.

Ahhhhh, Thanksgiving thoughts.....I so agree, a two hour window would be great. I have had 3 people call this week to tell (not ask, mind you) they are planning to come to our house for Thanksgiving. Now where were they all year ? I guess that is my jaw PT, cause it keeps popping open every time I think of it !

Still at my brothers as he plays pancake turning from side to side then on his back every two hours. Bed sores are a super concern for quadriplegics as the circulation is so compromised. So, healing is a very slow process. When I am not turning him or making coffee or cooking I have had a great time playing on line (poor Amazon) ordering Christmas gifts as long as the internet stays up and the checkbook doesn't completely collapse. I have to be better this year as I usually get so excited to give the gift that I do it early then I am out there with the masses on Christmas Eve trying to grab something to wrap.

You mentioned your grandparents only had a 6th grade education but they must have had a lot of common sense and that is what really gets you through life I feel. We have known guys who had master's degrees who could not tie their shoes or make a grocery list let alone balance their checkbook. Yes, usually education does get you a better job and living might be a little easier but common sense, a pure heart and honesty tops it all. My parents wanted each of us to quit high school as soon as we could so we could go out and get a job and hand them our paychecks. I was the only one who graduated from high school and then I went on to college after I got married. I worked all thru high school and handed over my pay check as well. Only once did I cash my check and bought some shoes with some of it......there was hell to pay for that one till I got my next paycheck for them.

Yes, again is misspelled, missing the second a because when I signed up long ago they would only let you use 10 characters. Funny thing when I found my brother after about 15 years his e-mail address was something like up at night we couldn't believe it !

Take care and keep that PT rolling !

Last edited by ChristineB; 11-10-2016 06:48 PM.

Sept 2002 Rt breast cancer no chemo or radiation.
March 2015 Rt tonsil cancer - walnut size lump rt side neck.
March 2015 Scan, biopsy confirm
March 2015 Port, G tube placed, 10 teeth removed.
July 2015 completed 5 chemo/35 radiations
Sept 2015 Cat Scan all clear
July 2016 G tube, port still in place
Ive had Thyroid "graves disease" and Lupus for many years.
4 kidney stone surgeries past 3 mo with over 100 stones still there !

*** Update... Jo passed away 12/20/17 ... RIP Jo ***