The chemo you are getting is Erbitux or AKA cetuximab. Heres some more info that you may find interesting...

Targeted and Biological Therpies from main OCF site

If you havent already had a full blood panel including thyroid (men also need testosterone levels) you should have this done prior to starting rads. You also should see a dentist for a good check up, cleaning and to get flouride trays started.

If you havent already had enough things on your plate, this is also the best time to start making your intake your primary focus. Every single day you should take in a minimum of 2500 calories and 48-64 oz of water. If you can do more then that will only help you get thru it easier. A cancer patient burns thru calories much faster than a person without cancer. Taking in 3000 or even 3500 calories daily is not too much, especially if you are on the slim side. Losing weight for many is a welcome side effect but its also a dangerous signal that the patient isnt taking in enough and that they are headed for trouble. Older members have seen me nag and nag about intake for years. I know what Im talking about as I was a horrible patient and wouldnt listen, I preferred to stay in bed and sleep. This ended up landing me in the hospital a few times for malnutrition and dehydration. Please do better than I did and push yourself to eat and drink! Plus, your sense of taste will change, swallowing may become difficult during rads so eat your favorites now so you dont go into this with any cravings.

Wishing you all the very best with your continued recovery and your upcoming treatments. Dont be afraid to stop in often and lean on us, we are here to help make this easier for you.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma