Hi christine! And Thank you! I am currentlyrics being treated by the Sylvester cancer research center in the University of Miami. I am told they are one of the best. Everything has happened so fast. I was literally diagnosed a month ago. Everything is moving so fast. Two ontariologists are performing my surgery. I did not get a second opinion because of the speed in which we are going. I was told surgery is the best option followed by 30 sessions of radiation and possibly chemo. The university if miami offers all that I will need including speech therapy and at home nurses who will come and check on me post op. I'm expected to be in the hospital for about a week and recovery is projected at 3-4 months. The doctors are very straight forward. They said I would be on my trach for about 6 days or so...a feeding tube for a couple of weeks though after the first week I shoukd be trying to swallow...then speech therapy. They also said that I will be feeling better for a while and that radiation will make me feel bad again and then I will recover. I haven't seen a dentist or any other type of doctor besides the 3 ENT's....my family and friends have all been supportive and have kept me going throughout this waiting period before my surgery. They did a pet scan and said the cancer is stage 3 because my lymphnodes are painfully swollen. They are going to cut along my neck as well to remove said lymphnodes and now I feel like my lip may be infected as well as some sores on my gums. Hopefully, they will take care of everything during surgery, and I hope I don't have to do chemo! Thanks for your support!

CA patient age 30
Stage 3 OC
Surgery Partial glossectomy 4/14/16
Surgery on neck 1 lymph infected
Pathology tests show intermediate risk
Radiation starts soon
Chemo suggested but not mandatory