Hi Jeff

It sounds like all is going well and you are healing . Its a slow process but you should start to feel better soon.

I'm responding because it sounds like your cancer is very simular to my mothers. My mother was diagnosed with SCC in the lower left jaw. She had surgery "Mandibulectomy" but the doctor left a piece of her jaw bone in the rear of her jaw. My understanding was to avoid having to do fibular flap. So a piece of her jaw bone was left in. The pathology report indacated the piece that was left in was questionable but the sergeon said he frooze it and all should be ok. After healing for a few weeks 35 Radiation treatments were done. The radiation my mother tolerated well. Towards the end of treatments she had sid effects.
My mother has also taken the Cisplatin. I cant say anything good about this treatment. My mother took the Cisplatin 3 weeks apart also. She was only able to tolerate 2 rounds. The side effects were really bad on my mother. But everyone is different. You may do well.

My mother did have a recurrence which the cancer is in her neck also and at this point we are going to a comprehensive Cancer Center for a second opinion and hopefully different treatment.

Manuca Honey really works well in healing the surgery fast. You can buy it at a Whole food store. Rub it inside your mouth on your toungh and all over your surgery. It works remarkable well.

Get yourself ready for these upcoming treatments. Try to eat as much as you can . Build youself up now to try and avoid to much weight loss.

If I can help in any way feel free to message me.
Heidi

Sweetpe
Caregiver
RE:My Mother
Age 70
Non Smoker
SCC 3/4/2014 Left rear jaw
Mandiblctmy 3/25/2014
35RAD Completed on 06/03/2014
MRI 9/3/2014
25mm lobulated recurrence left mandible/floor of mouth carcinoma
9/23/14 Salvage Surgery
MET(s)
9/23/14 Salvage Surgery Not Successful
Chemo Recommended
1st Round of Cisplatin Chemo Started 10/20/14
Cisplatin stopped 11/20/14. Side affects to bad.
Chemo started again 1/22/15 Carbo/Docetaxel
Passed Away April 22,2015