Had to say what might be causing his fog but many of us attributed to what we call "Chemo Brain". Again, like everything, if this is what's causing it, it will take time to resolve but will.

Please tell him to FORGET about things quickly returning to normal as this is VERY VERY RARE, if ever. I just don't want him to get discouraged when that doesn't happen as quickly as he thinks or worse, has been told.

I only lost my voice for about 2 weeks. Re the thick crap, I carried a small Styrofoam cup in my pocket and spit in it while on the go. Gross but you do what you have to do.

Dry mouth shouldn't interfere with speech but he may need to carry a water bottle with him 24/7 for a while. I kept a bottle in every room of the house because I didn't always remember the damn thing. I also left sooo many bottles in stores while shopping especially Home Depot and unfortunately I wouldn't remember until I was a mile down the road and in desperate need of a sip. More than once I had to stop at a convenience store as I was unable to make it home without thinking I had been on a desert for 2 weeks. I noticed my first improvement in the DM and taste at 4 months PT; more a 5 months; a great improvement at 14 months and a tad more and the last at 24 months.

Patience!!!!

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.