[quote=Brian Hill]This is probably not going to be available until tomorrow afternoon. I did 34 interviews today in the media, on Iive radio in local markets like St. Louis, and had more conversation with journalists than I could count, giving them background information on HPV and oral cancer. I literally started talking at 5 in the morning and did not get off the phone till 6 tonight. Natalie at the office got the callers in a queue, and I started working each one. What a day�. my voice is gone. The media people were all pretty good, some were just looking for a quick factoid, some wanted strong background that took lots of time to get them to understand things, and some wanted just referrals to good doctors to get on their TV shows. LONG day, but a good day for the cause.

As we all saw today, my grandfathers adage that the "masses are asses" still is true. The comments from the general public in most of this are probably why Douglas is backpedaling on his statement about HIS cancer being HPV+, who would have guessed it would have blown up Google and the social media world when he gave one simple interview. Allen who is his gatekeeper put out the release stating that he didn't mean HIS cancer, but this is obviously not what he said when he did the original interview.

I think his entire team is overwhelmed by the public shitstorm this opened up. When I talk about my sex life on TV only my wife cringes and gives me crap, 90 % of the whole world is giving him shit. This is all really too bad. We have a celebrity advocate that was willing to stick his neck out, and what happens. Idiots happen.[/quote]

Has the interview come out yet? I've been side tracked by my husbands immune system crashing; today was the 1st chance I had to start reading the links.

[quote=Brian Hill]By the by OCF is getting slammed with interview request from the media and for backgrounder info in the disease and HPV. The interviews have not stopped since 4 AM. People Magazine, Time CNN, FOX news etc. So we are really getting lots of play from a this. I hope that Michael realizes that he is changing the world and wants to own this, not back up from it.[/quote]

If I'm reading this story Michael Douglas pleased that oral sex story raised public awareness right; he's still denying what he said?

I'm disappointed (but not surprised) that this was not done better. He had a chance to educate people with facts. I've followed him since his diagnosis & feel he could have done much more for oral cancer.

People Magazine Michael Douglas Clarifies Remarks About Cancer and Oral Sex

Aug 09 - 3 ultrasound - 7CT - 13 ENT needle biopsy 1 - 19 MRI - 24 ENT n. biopsy 2 - 31 ENT results - Sept- 2 PET - 9 ENT #2 - 22 Rt rad neck dis; rt tonsil & PEG - Nov 4 33 rads; 3 chemo - Complete treatment 12/24/09 - 2/23/10 PEG out!