I am dumbfounded by the reaction on air by my local FOX news team to this story! They didn't want to hear it, and basically said that he can't say HPV/oral sex caused his cancer because he doesn't know for sure! "TMI", they said--"moving on"
They compared his story to Angelina Jolie's, and said while she was doing a great public service, but that 'we don't need to hear this' from MIchael Douglas.

I formulated an email to FOX, but can't figure out how to get it to them, so I'll post it here instead.....

'I am disappointed in Fox News reaction Michael Douglas coming out with the news that his throat cancer was caused by the HPV virus.
TMI they said????? Really? HPV is becoming the leading cause of head and neck cancer! Six years ago as a 41 one year old woman in excellent health, I was diagnosed with stage 2/3 tonsil cancer. CAUSED BY THE HPV VIRUS. How do throat cancer patients know there cancers are caused by the HPV virus? We don't guess-----the tumors are tested for HPV markers! If Michael Douglas is claiming that his cancer was caused by the HPV virus it is because he KNOWS that his tumor tested positive for it!!! Not because he is 'guessing' as the Fox team claimed.
The team was claiming that Angelina Jolie was doing a great public service, and countered with "we don't need to hear this from Michael Douglas". Are you kidding me????
Angelina is brave? Do you have ANY idea what treatment for head and neck cancers entails??? Feeding tubes, drastic weight loss, chemo, radiation, and lifelong complications as a result of this aggressive treatment. ANYONE, including Michael Douglas, who has gone through this aggressive treatment are the brave ones.
Educate yourselves, Fox News team.
Very disappointed.'

I don't post much on here anymore, but this really irked me this morning!

Left tonsil SCC, HPV+. T2N0M0. Tonsillectomy 3-07, bilateral radiation, cisplatin 3x, Tx completed 6-06. Clear PET 4-01-2008.
Thyroidectomy 5-9-08, resulting in permanent surgically-induced hypoparathyroidism and adrenal problems. Bummer.