here's what i learned about our family leave act: it will hold a job spot for you. when i returned, my clients had been reassigned to other associates in my firm, which of course had to be done while i was out with my dad. i had my job for another year attempting to rebuild my portfolio in a dead market before being layed off, which frankly was merciful for me as my boss was just a really sad actor that made a bad situation worse.

but here's the bright side: i'm pursuing my dream as a glass artist. planning during my dad's palliative care stage is NOT any easier, but i can work my own hours. i "planned" to retire in 10 year, but life had another idea. frankly the work and time with my family is more rewarding than any contracts i won.

think about what you really want and need, it did work for me, and i never ever expected it could, fwiw.

Caco
CG to Dad. Biopsy 5/11 non-op, SCC stage IV poorly dif at base of tongue with nodes, quit smoking in '85, ChemoRad began 8/2/11 ended 9/22/11 with NED. Distant mets 11/11, clinical trials. War raging on!