Hi there I answered your other post in introductions... And gave you a list of things sort of. I will reiterate two of the things I said there... go to a CCC if you can. Moffat supposed to be a top place to be treated for H&N cancers. And this cancer can be aggressive. Even if it doesn't show up in the nodes on a scan it does not mean it isn't there. It can exist microscopically. I had no more than six weeks pass between dx and surgery. My nodes were clear on two cts the day after dx. Over christmas (7 days later) I found a lump nestled under my chin about 1 cm. I had an MRI a week after that. It said negative for spread. My dr. said I don't care. I'm removing 40 nodes regardless. The day of surgery I showed it to him - actually put his finger on it. He said doesn't matter it's coming out. That node was positive for cancer, and had broken through the node into the tissue (in less than 5 weeks). Throw the book at it the first time out if you can. best of luck...

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan