Thank you All,
My throat has healed a good deal and I can perform the swallowing function without too much pain but it just regurgitates. I called the radiology doctor and have an appointment for next week and swallowing will be the focus of my visit. I did a swallowing study prior to treatment as a baseline. I will also mention the other post treatment symptoms, all of which are uncomfortable but tolerable. On days that I don't have light chores to do around the house, I walk a couple of miles. My blood work checked out OK about 5 weeks after treatment. I can deal with all the side effects that I am experiencing but want to work towards a home cooked meal someday. I am a pretty disciplined guy and want the Docs to prescribe some regimen of exercises and care for a balanced and speedy recovery. I recognize the time frame may be longer rather than shorter, but if I am making progress I will be content. I lost about 27 lbs and may have to increase the calories to prevent more weight loss. I was in fact HPV positive, which seems to be ubiquitous these days. In fact those that are HPV positive enjoy improved rates of long term cure.

I am sitting here typing with a blanket draped over my shoulders thanking each of you for you kind words of encouragement. I will keep you posted on my progress.

Oh, BTW, most of my beard is gone and my hair thinned. Permanent or temporary???

Thanks,
Mr Mike

WM age 69, Stage III sqamous cell, base of tongue (left lingual tonsil), (1) node positive, Dxd Aug 2012, 35 rad treat with Cisplatin weekly, final treatment 10-16-12, CT scan 11-18-12 good result, PET in Jan 2013, good result, Barium swallow test...no swallowing function.