Mike,

First off congrats on finishing this Tx! I assume your cancer was HPV+?

You are officially in the Recovery Phase which can last every bit of 2 years so please be patient.

You will continue to have good days mixed in with some bad ones but slowly the good will completely replace the bad. Again, it takes time.

You need to have your TSH checked. Your radiation may have permanently damaged your thyroid which can cause the cold feeling. A pill a day can mostly solve that but you need the blood work first.

The thick crap you are producing will go away sooner than the dry mouth and taste issues. I didn't stop improving in the taste/saliva area until 24 months post Tx and I estimate I'm back to 90% of pre Tx levels.

The tingling and dizzy stuff may be the lingering effects of the chemo but do discuss these with your docs asd there are other causes of the same symptoms.

Many people on the PEG "forget" how to swallow and sometimes the radiation can also cause swallowing problems. There are many things that can be done to correct this, like throat stretching, etc but again you really need to make your docs aware of this asap.

Re the nutrition, I tried to consume 3000 cals and 48 ozs of water each and every day post Tx. Dispite that, during my first year post Tx I didn't even gain a pound of the 30 I lost during Tx. Tells me how much my body was working to heal itself from that crappy Tx!

Another thing to be mindful of post Tx is some develope depression from mild to that requiring some intervention.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.